Program Director: Frank Cicero, Ph.D., BCBA
Jubilee Hall, Room 411
Graduate study in the Applied Behavior Analysis certificate program is designed to assist students to meet the coursework, partial supervised experience requirements to be eligible to sit for the Board exam to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). BCBAs typically work with individuals with various developmental disabilities, behavioral disorders, and other disabilities in various settings including public and private special education schools, clinics, hospitals, and residential treatment facilities. This 24 credit intensive program provides students with a balanced training within academics, scholarship, and clinical experience allowing them to be prepared to become practitioners and researchers in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. The coursework is a Verified Course Sequence of the Association for Behavior Analysis International. Upon completion of coursework, graduates must complete additional supervised experience hours, independently, in order to qualify to sit for the BACB certification examination.
Admission Requirements for Graduate Certificate Program in Applied Behavior Analysis
All applicants must meet the following admissions requirements for the program:
- Possess a minimum of a related Master's degree from an accredited university or looking to add the certificate as a concentration in an existing and qualifying graduate program..
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 in master’s degree coursework
- Official transcripts of master’s degree coursework
- Writing sample: a research-based paper in psychology or education of at least ten pages that was previously submitted as part of a graduate course. Other subject matter may be considered if the candidate has had limited prior psychology or education work. If applicable, the applicant’s master’s thesis is preferable.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement describing reason for pursuing graduate study in Applied Behavior Analysis at Seton Hall University
- Graduate interview with ABA Program Director and/or ABA program faculty
The certificate program in Applied Behavior Analysis can be added to the MA in Special Education, MA in Psychological Studies, and the MA in School Psychology program.