The accelerated curriculum can be completed in five years to obtain the B.S. in Computer Science after four years and the M.S. in Data Science within one additional year. The curriculum for the B.S. in Computer Science is a traditional on-campus program whereas the M.S. in Data science graduate courses are offered online only. The students take one graduate course during the summer preceding the senior year and two additional graduate courses during the senior year. Subsequently, the students complete the requirements for the M.S. in Data Science within one year. The accelerated program applies 9-12 graduate credits for undergraduate courses.
Requirements for Program Admission and Continuation
- Submit an application for the M.S. in Data Science program during the Spring semester of Junior Year
- Meet the M.S. in Data Science admission requirements, except having completed the undergraduate degree program, with undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75
- Demonstrate the necessary Calculus II skills through a placement test and/or by completing the math bootcamp for Data Science students provided by the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, or by passing MATH 1411 Calculus II or MATH 1511 Calculus II - Math - Phys Sci by Spring of the Junior Year
- Have Senior status (earned at least 90 credits) before taking graduate courses
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA in the undergraduate Computer Science curriculum before taking graduate courses from the Data Science curriculum
- Before taking graduate courses during the fifth year, fulfill all the requirements for admission to the M.S. in Data Science, including having earned the undergraduate degree