(For Business Majors)
Adviser: Mark Schild, M.B.A.
Students pursuing either the B.S. or B.A. in Business Administration have the option to apply to a dual degree program in which they can earn both their bachelor’s degree and a Master of Business Administration within a five-year period. Two options are available. Students may:
- apply for dual admission to both degrees at the time of their initial application to the School or
- apply for admission to the M.B.A. portion of the program during their junior year.
To be offered admission to both programs at the time of initial application, prospective students must have an SAT score of 1260 or higher (math and critical reading components). To be eligible to begin graduate coursework (generally after the completion of 90 credits), dual-admissions applicants must have attained a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
Stillman students who do not apply for dual admission may apply after completing between 75 and 90 undergraduate credit hours. Applicants must meet all requirements for admission to the M.B.A. program.
If accepted, the student takes a mixture of undergraduate and graduate business courses in the fourth year. The fifth year is reserved exclusively for graduate business courses. When the student has completed all undergraduate degree requirements and at least 120 credit hours, the student receives a bachelor’s degree. After completing the M.B.A. requirements and a minimum of 150 total credit hours, the student also receives an M.B.A.
The breakdown of the minimum 150 credit hours is as follows:
- Students complete all requirements of the B.S.B. or B.A.B.A. program.
- Students will receive waivers for all M.B.A. Pre- Qualification courses.
- Students will receive waivers for the following M.B.A. core courses (10 credit hours):
|BMBA 9452||International Perspective||2|
|BMBA 9453||Accounting for Decision Makers||2|
|BMBA 9455||The Role of Quantitative Analysis in Business Decision Making||2|
|BMBA 9456||Management Theory and Practice||2|
|BMBA 9459||Economics for Managers||2|
- Remaining M.B.A. curriculum requirements are fulfilled by taking graduate business courses.
The total credit hours consist of 120 undergraduate credits and 30 graduate business credits. Students must consult their major advisers in the Stillman School for specific information. Graduate course information is available through the Stillman School’s Student Information Office, Jubilee Hall, Room 526, (973) 761-9222.