519 South Orange Avenue. As of June 2014, the Department of Public Relations and Marketing is located in this building.
525 South Orange Avenue. The College of Communication and the Arts’ art studios are located in this building.
Alfieri Hall. Alfieri Hall, completed in 1984, contains classrooms and faculty offices for the School of Theology, offices of the Educational Opportunity Program, and the Computer Training Center. The Department of Graduate Programs in Health Sciences is located on the lower level.
Alumni Hall. Alumni Hall was planned as a 25th anniversary gift to commemorate the opening of Seton Hall College in 1856. The needed funds were not raised in 1881, but the fund drive continued, and the building was dedicated in 1886 to commemorate the opening and first graduation in South Orange in 1861. Alumni Hall houses the Chapel of the Good Shepherd of Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology, as well as the School’s administrative offices.
Arts Center. Originally a carriage house built between 1890 and 1895, and now a registered national landmark, this red brick Victorian building has been preserved and renovated and was officially dedicated in May 1974 as the University’s Art Center. It houses an art gallery, studios, classrooms and faculty offices.
Arts and Sciences Hall. Opened in 1973, the building houses the Ruth Sharkey Academic Resource Center, lecture halls, seminar rooms, conference rooms, classrooms, and offices for College of Arts and Sciences faculty and administrative personnel, the Office of the Dean, Department Chair, and Graduate Studies for the College of Communication and the Arts.
Bayley Hall. Erected in 1913 and named for Bishop James Roosevelt Bayley, first Bishop of Newark and nephew of Elizabeth Seton, Bayley Hall is used for business and administrative purposes, and houses Enrollment Services.
Bethany Hall. Positioned at the main entrance to campus, Bethany Hall is named after the Biblical village where Mary, Martha and their brother Lazarus received Jesus into their home. Offering a welcoming first impression to prospective students and families, the three-story 68,000-square-foot building is the central location for all admissions activities. Bethany Hall features a below-level parking garage, an admissions suite, event and meeting rooms, pre- function/gallery space, and provides a home for University events. Bethany Hall was dedicated in June 2018 in honor of Monsignor Robert Sheeran ’67, whose 30 years of priestly service to the University included 15 years as president.
Bishop Dougherty University Center. Named for Bishop John J. Dougherty, president of Seton Hall from 1960-70, the University Center contains meeting rooms, dining areas, lounges, an art gallery and Theatre-in-the-Round. It houses the offices of student government, the Department of Student Life and the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Chapel of the Immaculate Conception. The Chapel of the Immaculate Conception has been the center of campus religious life since 1863 and was renovated and restored in 2008. Open every day, the chapel serves as a place of meditation and prayer for all members of the University community. Several Masses are offered on weekdays and on Sundays.
Corrigan Hall. Named after Bishop Michael A. Corrigan and Reverend James H. Corrigan, brothers who served as second and third presidents of Seton Hall, this building contains offices, the facilities for Computing Services, classrooms, labs, and the Music Center, including music studios and a sound production lab.
Duffy Hall. Classrooms, offices, the Bookstore, Parking, Campus ID, Disability Support Services, and the Department of Housing and Residence Life, are located in this building.
Fahy Hall. Opened in 1968, this building houses many departments of the College of Arts and Sciences, as well as the dean of this College. In addition to classrooms and faculty offices, it contains communication laboratories, the LLC Global Learning Center, and a television studio. The lower level contains classrooms and offices for the College of Communication and the Arts faculty and administrators.
Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) Campus. The University’s Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) campus in Clifton and Nutley, N.J. opened in the summer of 2018 and features world-class facilities for health science research and discovery. The IHS campus houses the University’s College of Nursing and School of Health and Medical Sciences, and is neighbor to the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University. It is approximately 10 miles from Seton Hall’s main campus in South Orange, N.J. and is convenient to New York City and major transportation hubs.
The IHS campus creates a forward-thinking approach to healthcare education, bringing together future doctors, nurses and health professionals in the fields of medicine, nursing, physical therapy, physician assistant, occupational therapy, athletic training, speech-language pathology, and healthcare administration. This innovative team-based training reflects the future of healthcare delivery.
Jubilee Hall. With six stories and more than 126,000 square feet of academic space, this structure provides a home for the Stillman School of Business, the College of Education and Human Services, the New Jersey Center for Civic and Law-Related Education and the Departments of Political Science, Psychology, Public and Healthcare Administration, and Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work. It contains 156 faculty and administrative offices and 30 teaching spaces, from seminar rooms that seat eight people to an auditorium seating 390. It also features a central, three-story skylit atrium where students and faculty can congregate informally. A major feature of the building is the technological capabilities it brings to the teaching and learning processes. These include fixed and flexible seating classrooms with the most contemporary information and distance-learning technologies that facilitate the transmission of lectures all over the world; laboratories with one-way observation mirrors; and classrooms with power for laptop computers at each seat.
Lewis Hall/Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology. Lewis Hall was completed in 1984 and houses Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology, including Seminary faculty and student residences, a dining hall, lounges, the Monsignor James C. Turro Seminary Library and faculty offices.
Marshall Hall. Built in the 1890s under the direction of Reverend William Marshall, this three-story building is situated to the east side of Presidents Hall. The building’s main level contains a newly restored Regents Suite and Regents Board Room. Marshall Hall connects via a gallery passage and a stair tower with marble treads and wrought-iron railing serves the second-floor level.
Martin House. The location of the Department of Human Resources, a private home for many years, was dedicated on November 3, 2006, the feast day of Saint Martin de Porres (1579-1639). The building, located at 366 South Orange Avenue, was named Martin House in honor of the Dominican brother, known for his many good works among the poor of Lima, Peru, and a model of servant leadership.
McQuaid Hall. Named after Bishop Bernard McQuaid, first president of Seton Hall, this building was constructed in the early 1900s. The School of Diplomacy and International Relations is located on the first floor of this building. The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is located on the second floor.
Mooney Hall. Named for Monsignor James Mooney, president of Seton Hall from 1907-22, the building houses the Center for Academic Success, the Transfer Student Center, Pre-Major Advising, ROTC/Military Science, Counseling and Psychological Services, the Mailroom, the Print Shop, the University CORE, Upward Bound and classrooms and offices.
Muscarelle Hall. The building, which architects designed to complement Presidents Hall, features 12 technologically advanced classrooms. Nine of the rooms can accommodate 35 students each, while the remaining rooms include two large classrooms that can hold 70 and 50 students apiece and one smaller room for 25 students.
The building provides direct ADA-access to Marshall Hall on multiple floors, which visitors can then use to enter Presidents Hall. In a nod to history, the building’s cornerstone (which was uncovered during its demolition) has been inlaid into the new building’s lobby.
Presidents Hall. Visually the “centerpiece” of campus, Presidents Hall dates back to 1867. It houses administrative offices, including those of the president, provost and executive vice president, general counsel, planning, graduate affairs, and the Office of International Programs.
Residence Halls. Seton Hall has housing capacity for approximately 2,400 students. The residence halls include Cabrini, Neumann, Serra, Xavier, Aquinas, and North and South Boland halls. Ora Manor Apartments, Turrell Manor and St. Andrew’s Hall provide University housing off campus.
Richie Regan Recreation and Athletic Center and Walsh Gymnasium. A student-oriented, multipurpose facility that serves the recreation, physical education and intercollegiate needs of the University community. Features of this facility, which is scheduled to complete a multi- million dollar renovation process in 2014, include the Richard and Sheila Regan Field House – home to a newly-installed four-lane MONDO track and recently re-surfaced basketball courts – and a 25-yard pool. The facility also offers a variety of fitness options available to the entire University community with dedicated areas for dance and exercise classes, extensive free weight and aerobic equipment, in addition to saunas and locker rooms. Adjacent to the Richie Regan Recreation and Athletic Center, is Walsh Gymnasium, a 2,000-seat arena built in 1939 and named for Newark Archbishop Thomas Walsh. Walsh Gymnasium is the site of practice and competition for many intercollegiate teams. The state-of-the-art WSOU-FM facility is also located here. Outdoor facilities include Owen T. Carroll Field and Ivy Hill Park, 19 acres of practice and intramural fields adjacent to the campus.
Ring Building. Located at 457 Centre Street, this building houses the Division of University Advancement, including the vice president’s office and the departments of Alumni Relations, Advancement Services, Development, and Government and Community Relations.
Science and Technology Center (McNulty Hall). This building contains newly updated classrooms, teaching and research laboratories, faculty offices, conference rooms and a 230 seat amphitheater. This building has undergone an extensive redesign and was reopened in August 2007. The Departments of Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Physics are located in this newly renovated Science and Technology Center.
Seton Hall Law School Building. Seton Hall Law School opened its doors to its first class on the old site of John Marshall Law School, located at 40 Journal Square, Jersey City, in 1951. Twenty years later, in 1971, the School relocated to 1111 Raymond Boulevard, Newark. Outgrowing its space, the Law School moved to its current location at One Newark Center, Newark, in 1992. The Law School entrance leads to a striking, five-story, glass-encased atrium. Offices, classrooms, a moot courtroom and library are interconnected by balconies overlooking the atrium. The School’s location, just one block from Newark Penn Station, allows easy access to Manhattan and other destinations.
Walsh Library. Seton Hall’s Walsh Library was completed in spring 1994. Located opposite the Richie Regan Recreation and Athletic Center, the four-story, 155,000 square-foot structure is named in honor of Board of Regents chairman and University benefactor Frank E. Walsh and his wife, Mary D. Walsh.
Walsh Library’s first floor contains the Monsignor William Noé Field Archives and Special Collections Center, the Walsh Gallery, and the Teaching, Learning and Technology Center. The second floor contains the Information Commons, silent study room, Curriculum Resource Center, the reference collection and the reference and circulation desks. The third and fourth floors (designated as quiet floors) contain the print journals and print book collections, group study rooms, scholar study rooms, study carrels, the Bernard J. Lonergan Institute, the Center for Catholic Studies, the Valente Italian Library, the G.K. Chesterton Institute for Faith and Culture, and the Charles and Joan Alberto Italian Studies Institute.
Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall has reached new heights in academic excellence, faculty research and student success. Ready to take the next steps on your academic or career path?
Print this page.
The PDF will include all information unique to this page.
A PDF of the entire 2022-2023 catalog.
A PDF of the entire 2022-2023 catalog.